Portland Housing Center is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in partnership with Wells Fargo Bank and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you.
NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance funds are NO LONGER AVAILABLE. All funds have been reserved. Visit https://portlandhousingcenter.org/learn-how to learn about Portland Housing Center programs.
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
• Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties
• Provides homebuyer education that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
• Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
• Annual income of all persons 18 and older living in the home must be at or below 120% of the Portland Area Median Income (AMI) guidelines (FHA financing, a popular option for NeighborhoodLIFT financing, is limited to 115% of AMI. Other loan programs may have more restrictive income limits).
• Properties qualified for the program must be:
1. Located within the city limits of Portland (click here for Property Eligibility Look up Instructions)
2. The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
3. A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property, Planned Unit Development